We are happy to announce the release of Bold Reports On-Premise edition, a web-based report management system that provides an end-to-end solution for creating, storing, managing, sharing, and scheduling reports in the server. It also includes a user management server, which lets you manage applications and their access efficiently with the support of SSO (single sign-on).
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the features of Bold Reports On-Premise edition.
User Management Server
The User Management Server allows you to manage applications and who can access them. It uses SSO (single sign-on) to grant or restrict access to an application for a user or a group. Host the management solution within your local network while the data remains secure within your server.
- Application management: Manage permissions for users and groups to access the applications.
- SSO: The User Management Server facilitates single sign-on and single sign-out (optional) with the registered applications.
- User management: Organize users into groups to map them into a structure of small and large organizations.
- Access management: Grant and revoke access to applications for users and groups. Also, make a user as the administrator for a particular application.
- Custom branding: Allows customizing reports to include an organization’s name, logo, and welcome note, and also supports localization.
- API: Provides a REST API to manage users, groups, and applications.
Bold Reports On-Premise comes with the built-in web-based Report Designer for designing, editing and publishing reports.
- Data sources : Supports commonly used data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server, SQL CE, Oracle, XML, OLEDB, ODBC, OData, SASS, Web API, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Built-in query builder : Provides a convenient user interface that helps both technical and non-technical users to create and view relationships between tables.
- Report items : Provides a rich set of report items like text box, image, line, rectangle, table, list, matrix, more than 20 chart types, sub reports, and barcodes for clear visualization of your data.
- Interactive design surface : Easily arrange report items on the Report Designer surface using simple drag-and-drop operations. Grid lines and snap-to-grid options simplify positioning and aligning of report items.
- Report parameters : Supports creating report parameters to specify the data to filter in a report, connect related reports together, and vary report presentation.
- Image manager : Allows adding and managing embedded images in a report. Embedding an image ensures the image is always available to a report.
- Property panel : Allows customizing the appearance of report items and editing their property values. Users can specify static values or expressions as values in the report item properties.
- Interactive reports : Supports creating a report with extremely powerful interactive features provided only by RDL reports, such as drill through and drill down to display data and information in detail.
- Manipulate your data : Allows manipulating data with a rich set of features such as sorting, filtering, grouping, and calculated fields.
- Built-in expression editor : Allows you to create simple and complex RDL reporting expressions. Supports the use of constants, built-in fields, parameters, data sets, variables, operators, common functions, etc.
- Embedded custom code : Supports embedding Visual Basic and .NET code directly within report layouts.
Note: For more details about designing reports with the Report Designer, refer to our documentation.
Bold Reports On-Premise comes with the built-in, web-based Report Viewer to view available or uploaded reports on the server. The Report Viewer is capable of displaying reports online with all the major capabilities of RDL reporting such as parameters, variables, expressions, code modules, calculated fields, sorting, grouping, filtering, paging, report linking, drill down (toggle items), drill through, hyperlinks, and more.
The built-in Report Viewer supports exporting displayed reports to popular file formats such as PDF, Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint, and HTML for further data analysis and report sharing.
You can publish reports directly to Bold Reports On-Premise and you can organize the reports into categories, manage access permissions, and update reports as required.
Note: For more details about saving and deploying reports, see our documentation.
You can share reports with your users on the web and across mobile devices to explore visualized data and make better business decisions.
Note: For more details about sharing reports, refer to our documentation.
Manage data sources
You can create and store a data source that you use often into Bold Reports On-Premise. When you create or upload a data source to Bold Reports On-Premise, it is considered as shared data source. It is then easier to manage and can be used by multiple reports. Also, it helps keep reports and data source access more secure.
Note: For more details about managing data sources, consult our documentation.
Manage data sets
You can also create and store data sets in Bold Reports On-Premise. When you create or upload a data set to Bold Reports On-Premise, it is considered as shared data set. Data sets are accessible to the user depending on the user’s permission and can be used by multiple reports.
Note: For more details about managing data sets, see our documentation.
You can upload files and store them as managed items in the Bold Reports On-Premise database. When you upload any file without the .rdl extension, it is published as a resource and can be linked or added to reports. Files are accessible to the user depending on the user’s permissions.
Schedule your reports and distribute them according to a recurring schedule interval (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly). The scheduling functionality is very flexible and comes with many custom options.
Note: For more details about report scheduling, consult our documentation.
You can easily integrate the reports hosted in Bold Reports On-Premise into third-party applications to present reports in a web application.
Note: For more details about embedding server reports, refer to documentation.
You can programmatically manage reports, schedules, data sources, data sets, files, users, groups, permissions, and report exporting in Bold Reports On-Premise from any application using the REST API.
You can easily collaborate with other users by commenting on reports. The following commenting features are supported:
- Post a new comment.
- Reply to a comment.
- Edit or delete a comment.
- Mention users a comment.
Note: For more details about report collaboration, see our documentation.
Bold Reports On-Premise provides email and system notification support to notify users when someone comments on reports.
Note: For more details about notification settings, consult our documentation.
All items stored in Bold Reports On-Premise are versioned, and historical revisions made to individual items are maintained. As a result, you can safely create or modify any item and easily revert to a more stable version of each item.
Note: For more details about versioning server reports, see our documentation.
Bold Reports On-Premise has built-in re-branding capabilities, which allow you to add your organization’s name, logo, welcome note, time zone, date/time display formats and more.
Note: For more details about re-branding on the report server, see our documentation.
Bold Reports On-Premise has been constructed with built-in globalization support, making it adaptable for culture-specific number and date formats based on the defined locale.
The Bold Reports On-Premise edition has built-in localization support, so that it can adapt based on the locale value you define.The en-US locale is currently used as the default locale.
Note: For more details about localizing Bold Reports On-Premise, refer to our documentation.
We are very excited to share this new product with the world. To get started, download Bold Reports On-Premise Edition now!
For additional information on the features listed in this blog, you can browse the documentation.
If you have any questions or require clarifications, you can leave them in the comments section below. You can also contact us by submitting your queries through the Bold Reports website, or if you already have an account, you can log in to submit your support query. We are happy to assist you. Give it a try and let us know what you think!