The number of rows and records displayed on a paginated report depends on the data fields used inside a table cell. Having various heights on each row will display a different number of records on a report page.
The SSRS RDL standard does not provide a straightforward way to control the number of records rendered on each page. But with our Bold Reports, you can limit the number of report page records using a simple dialog option. This blog will show you how!
We’ll go through the step-by-step process using the previously created sales report.rdl report. The following image shows the design of the sales report.
Set row limit to the table report item
1. Select the table report item and open the Properties panel.
2. Scroll the Properties panel and expand Miscellaneous.
3. Click Set Attributes to open the Custom Attributes dialog box.
4. Click Add in the Custom Attributes dialog.
5. Input Name as the RowsPerPage and set the desired row count in the Value field.
6. Here, we set the Value as 10 to display only 10 rows on each report page.
The property is ignored when the table row’s height is higher than the current report page’s available size. Increase the report height or reduce the RowsPerPage count to fit within the page.
7. Click Preview to see the output result in the Report Viewer.
8. Navigate to multiple pages and see how the report rendered displays only 10 rows on each page.
Bold Reports now offers a 15-day free trial without any credit card information required. We welcome you to start a free trial and experience Bold Reports for yourself. Try it and let us know what you think!