Controlled folder access and the protected file usage
Controlled folder access helps you protect valuable data from malicious apps and threats, such as ransomware. Controlled folder access is included with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019. When you enable the ransomware protection in your machine, the applications will be restricted to access the protected folders in your machine.
If the Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools or its related executable are not allowed to access the protected folders in your machine when the ransomware protection is enabled, follow the below-mentioned steps to provide access to Bold Reports application for accessing the protected folders.
You will receive notifications from Windows when an application is blocked from accessing the protected folders. For example, the following message will be displayed when you are trying to preview the dashboard with ransomware protection enabled.
Steps to allow Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools to access protected folders
- Open the Ransomware protection in Windows security using the start menu.
- Click the option
Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
- The list of applications will be shown that can access the protected folders in your machine and click the
Add an allowed appoption.
- It will help you choose which application should be allowed to access the protected folder by showing recently blocked apps and all apps.
You can click any one of the options and choose the Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools related applications.
- Allow the iisexpress and the Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools related apps to access your protected folders if the application is blocked in your machine.
|iisexpress.exe||C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express|
|Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools Sample Browser Launcher||C:\Program Files (x86)\Bold Reports\Embedded Reporting Tools\Utilities\StartSampleBrowserReportingTools\StartSampleBrowserReportingTools.exe|
- Now, you can continue to use the Bold Reports Embedded Reporting Tools without blocking any operations to your protected folders.