Released on January 08, 2020
Starting with version 2.1.23, license token generation model has been upgraded for Bold Reporting solution. You need to generate a new license token to use the latest version in your applications. Please refer to this help topic for more information.
- Exposed the API to export reports.
- Provided the support to view and save version based draft reports.
- Provided an option to publish reports with version.
- Improved the schema tree data loading performance for SQL Query Designer. Now, it is two times faster than earlier.
- Provided the support to customize the Report Viewer loading indicator.
- An option added to cancel the report processing in Report Viewer.
- Added property to change the default loading indicator template.
- Implemented the support to render report with pixel perfect positioning.
- Implemented the client-side export for indicator report item.
- Provided the vertical alignment rendering of text box contents in view and export.
- Added the multiple font style rendering inside table in PDF export.
- The improper header text in expression editor has been fixed.
- Now the report renders properly when data set parameter contains the same names.
- Resolved the nested table subreport stream loading problem in Report Viewer.
- Multivalue parameter labels renders properly when set the values in OnInitReportOptions.
- Now, SQL query filter with parameter blank values working properly.
- Resolved the empty page creation in PDF export when text box content exceeds the page height.
- Now, page name is updated properly in the excel exported document.
Released on December 04, 2019
- Provided support to deploy and manage multiple tenants in a single installation.
- Provided support to auto save the report while designing.
- Provided the spark line report item support to display the trend of data in a small graph.
- Provided the data bar report item support to display single value for the corresponding row from the data set.
- Provided the indicator report item support to visualize the state of single data.
- Provided an option to select and deselect all the table fields in data set designer.
- Provided an option to configure interactive sorting in the tablix report item.
- Provided the accessibility support.
- Provided the background image property to display company logos, watermarks, or any other background image to the report.
- Provided an option to switch between supported chart types.
- Provided the query parameter support for shared dataset.
- Provided an option to localize report and textbox values.
- Provided an option to set plain and HTML text in the textbox report item.
- Provided the keep together property support for tablix report item.
- Provided an option to add/edit custom attributes in report items.
- Provided the custom property to set chart axis edge labels positions.
- Provided the web accessibility support.
- Provided doughnut radius and column with the custom properties for chart items.
- Option provided to show/hide parameter block without hiding the parameter button.
- Support provided to load report/subreport with stream.
- Expression support for chart series has been provided.
- The page reload issue when clicking the add data source button in ASP.NET Web Forms has been resolved.
- The report parameter name validation issue has been resolved.
- The item panel height rendering issue has been fixed.
- Extra blank page creation in report body when setting the zoom factor above 100% has been resolved.
- Now, the Me.Value expression values evaluates properly when used in nested expression.
- Resolved the issue with subreport that is not rendering inside the table report item in UWP.
- Page content overlapping when report print in Mozilla Firefox has been resolved.
- The issue subreports that is not rendering when we use the external server has been resolved.
- Now, the text underline and strike through text displayed properly in ASP.NET Core report PDF export.
- Resolved the issue with indicator report item that is not exported when using Phanthom JS.
- Row visibility incorrect rendering in Excel export has been resolved.
- We have moved the UMS application as a sub application under Bold Reports application.
- Since multi-tenant has been introduced and SQL meta database has been considered in the phase 1, databases like SQLCE, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL are in phase 2 implementation and the support will be available in our upcoming releases.
- Auto upgrade support is not provided – Since, the multi-tenant with single installation is enabled, you cannot migrate the schema automatically. You should manually uninstall the previous version and install the latest version.
- Download permission entity is removed – Previously, the WPF Report Designer tool is provided to design or modify the report and download permission is used to open the report in designer. Now, an enlarged interactive designer tool is provided in the Server to open the report directly.
- The Bold Reports Server application cannot be hosted in the Azure App Service, since the Azure Blob storage support is provided. Alternatively, you can install on-premise Report Server app in Azure VM and use it with file storage. These impediments will be resolved in our upcoming release.
- User-based filter can be achieved only with Email – In the multi-tenant application v2.1 or higher, Email will be act as the unique ID for a user instead of username.
- Localization support is not provided for the current version and it will be supported in any of our upcoming releases.
- Removed file entity – Since the Bold Reports v2.1 stick with RDL file type alone, CRUD operations on other file formats has been removed.