What you can do with UWP Report Writer
Export reports in commonly used file formats, like PDF, Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint, XML, and HTML.
Create SSRS RDL/RDLC reports programmatically in C#
Use simple APIs to create SSRS RDL/RDLC reports programmatically in C# and change report item properties without using a visual design interface.
Connect to any data source
Export reports created using a built-in data source, business object collection, or data processing extension against any data source:
- Built-in data sources: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Azure, SQL CE, XML, Microsoft Access, Oracle, OLEDB, and ODBC.
- Business object data sources: IList, DataTable, and Dataset.
- Custom data processing extensions: OData, SSAS, MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and more.
Eye-popping data visualization
Share insights by exporting reports with a variety of report items:
- Basic items: Text box, image, line, and rectangle.
- Data region items: Table, matrix (pivot table), and list.
- Data visualizations: Charts, sparklines, data bars, gauges, indicators, and maps.
- Custom report items: Barcodes, QR barcodes, and more.
Export reports with unmatched informational clarity by highlighting data on demand. Style your reports using the following data customization options:
- HTML/rich text rendering
- Conditional formatting
- Simple and complex expressions
Export organized and shaped data using the following options to make bolder business decisions:
- Summaries and aggregates
- Calculated fields
Set the following parameter types to interact with the report on the fly to modify the data exported from RDL/RDLC reports:
- Cascading parameters
- Non-queried parameters
- Queried parameters
- Multivalued parameters
Export reports with interactive features like drill down, hyperlinks, bookmarks or anchors, document map, subreports, and nested data regions.
Silently print reports
End users can silently print reports without viewing or rendering them in Report Viewer.
Encrypt and secure documents
Encrypt and password-protect exported documents with a range of low to high encryption standards.
Change the default file format
Users can change the default file format to any other file format version that is supported by the selected file type. APIs are included for setting the format before exporting the document:
- Word file formats: doc, docx, and more.
- Excel file formats: xls, xlsx, and more.
Advanced layouts for merged cells
Report Writer supports additional export layouts in Word and Excel formats to eliminate tiny columns, rows, and merged cells. These layouts:
- Overcome the merging problem with tiny cells, rows, and columns in SSRS Excel and Word exporting
- Provide clear readability by eliminating the tiny columns, rows, and merge cells.
- Allow you to perform data manipulations such as sorting, filtering, and grouping in Excel
You have control over all behaviors of the Report Writer to provide the best experience to your end users through a rich set of developer-friendly APIs.
Other supported frameworks
Try us. We promise you that you will be able to see clearly and act boldly.