Effective August 25, 2022
At Syncfusion, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account, provide legitimate interests, and provide the products and services you have requested from us. Syncfusion targets compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org We encourage you to periodically review this statement as it may change at any time at our sole discretion.
Your personal data rights and controls
Privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), give rights to individuals over their personal data. See your rights and their descriptions in this table.
|It’s your right to…|
|Access||Be informed of the personal data we process about you and request access to it|
|Rectification||Request that we amend or update your personal data where it’s inaccurate or incomplete|
|Erasure||Request that we delete certain of your personal data|
|Restriction||Request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data|
|Object||Object to us processing your personal data at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation Object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes|
|Data portability||Request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service|
Information We Collect
The Short List
- Contact Data
- Registration Data- We ask you to provide certain information when you are registering your account.
- Email address
- Credit Card or Payment Information
- IP address and location
- Usage of Products and Services
- User Preferences
- Profile Name
- Company Affiliation
|User Data||Personal data that we need to create your Syncfusion account and enables you to use the Syncfusion
The type of data collected depends on the type of Service Option you have, how you create your
country you are in, and if you use third-party services to sign in. This may include your:|
|Street Address Data usage||We may ask for your street address for the following reasons:|
|Using a product or website||Syncfusion may collect information from visitors to our website in order to help us understand website usage patterns, provide a better product, comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud, better communicate with you, provide essential services with the product, and provide better customer service. Information collected in this manner is provided automatically by your system and the systems that you use to connect to our website. For example, we may keep track of what time people visit our website, how long they stay on the website, and what sections they visit.|
|Downloading Products||If you decide to purchase or download any of our products, we may collect information from you. Syncfusion collects information on users who download our product or create cloud accounts for the purposes of tracking subscription terms and providing support and updated product lines.|
|Market Research||We may collect data such as your full name, phone number, email address, IP address, company name, location, support tickets, registered users, and billing and shipping address; we may also collect market research data such as usage patterns and where you register your account.|
|Shared With Third Parties|
|Billing||If you choose to purchase a product from us, our third-party payment processor will collect your payment information.|
|Use of CRM System||Any and all information may be shared with a third-party affiliate and entered a CRM system.|
|Additional Data You May Choose To Give Us|
|Payment and Purchase Data||If you make any purchases from Syncfusion (including a paid Service Option) or sign up for a trial, we will need to process your payment data. The exact personal data collected will vary depending on the payment method, but will include information such as: name date of birth credit or debit card type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number Note: For security, we never store your full card number ZIP/postal code mobile phone number details of your purchase and payment history|
|Contests, Surveys, and Sweepstakes Data||When you complete any forms, respond to a survey or questionnaire, or take part in a contest or sweepstake, we collect the personal data you provide.|
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You use the website to download articles, data sheets or eBooks.
- You request a free trial or demo.
- You refer a friend to us.
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms.
- We or Client Account Administrators grant you access to the application.
- You or Client Account Administrators upload or enter personal information into the application.
- You participate in a marketing/sales promotion.
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events.
- You register or attend a webinar or other event.
- You participate in programs we may offer from time to time.
- You participate in chats.
- You pay for our services.
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our referral program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include first and last name, business email address, phone number and/or company name.
As an end user of the application, we collect your name, business email address and any comments you make in the application.
- Employee names, email addresses and contractual agreements
- Vendor names, email addresses, contractual agreements or other personal data necessary for Syncfusion services
- Customer names and email addresses used to provide services within Syncfusion’s platform
As a job applicant, we may also collect your resume and cover letter.
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to the website and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
Purposes and Use of Personal Information
Your personal information will be used specifically to facilitate communication, provide maintenance and support services, process orders, process registrations or inquiries, make improvements to our product, resolve disputes, collect fees, troubleshoot problems, carry out any activity relating to the use or support of the product, comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud, or submit notices. Further, if you are providing any data that you do not own, you hereby state and confirm that you have the express written consent of the persons whose personal information you will provide.
We may use this information to respond to an email or other inquiry or request, help improve our website and our services, customize your experience at our website, or send updates or notices about our organization and the products we offer that we think may be of interest to you. We may also combine this information with other generally or publicly available information to help us identify visitors’ preferences or interests.
We collect your email address if you communicate with us by email, as well as other information that you might supply voluntarily, such as survey information.
If you purchase a product or service at our site, we will also ask for your credit card number or other account number that you wish to be charged. We do not give out your credit card or other account information to third parties unless you authorize us to do so or if it is necessary to fulfill our responsibilities, including, but not limited to, delivering a product or service you order.
The table below sets out:
- our purpose for processing your personal data
- our legal justifications (each called a “legal basis”) under data protection law, for each purpose
- categories of personal data which we use for each purpose (see more about these categories in Section 3 ‘Personal data we collect about you)
Here is a general explanation of each “legal basis” to help you understand the table:
- Performance of a Contract: When it’s necessary for Syncfusion (or a third party) to process your
personal data to:
- or verify information before a new contract with you begins.
- Legitimate Interest: When Syncfusion (or a third party) has an interest in using your personal data in a certain way, which is necessary and justified considering any possible risks to you and other Syncfusion users. For example, using your Usage Data to improve the Syncfusion Service for all users. Contact us if you want to understand a specific justification.
- Consent: When Syncfusion asks you to actively indicate your agreement to Syncfusion’s use of your personal data for a certain purpose(s).
- Compliance with Legal Obligations: When Syncfusion must process your personal data to comply with a law.
|Purpose for processing your data||Legal basis that permits the purpose||Categories of personal data used for the purpose|
|To provide the personalized Syncfusion Service.||Performance of a Contract Legitimate Interest Consent||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data Street Address Data Voice Data|
|To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the Syncfusion product or service||Performance of a Contract Legitimate Interest||User Data Usage Data|
|To evaluate and develop new features, technologies, and improvements to the Syncfusion product or service||Legitimate Interest Consent||User Data Usage Data Voice Data|
|For marketing, promotion, and advertising purposes.||Legitimate Interest Consent||User Data Usage Data Contests, Surveys and Sweepstakes Data|
|To comply with legal obligations and law enforcement requests.||Compliance with legal obligations Legitimate interest||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data Street Address Data Voice Data Contests, Surveys and Sweepstakes Data|
|To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, our agreements with owners of content on the Syncfusion Service and take appropriate action with reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content.||Legitimate interest||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data|
|To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.||Legitimate interest||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data Street Address Data Contests, Surveys and Sweepstakes Data|
|To conduct business planning, reporting, and forecasting.||Legitimate Interest||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data|
|To process your payment.||Performance of a Contract Compliance with legal obligations||User Data Payment and Purchase Data|
|To detect and prevent fraud, including fraudulent payments and fraudulent use of the Syncfusion Service.||Performance of a Contract Compliance with legal obligations Legitimate Interest||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data Street Address Data|
|To conduct research, contests, surveys, and sweepstakes.||Performance of a Contract Legitimate Interest Consent||User Data Usage Data Contests, Surveys and Sweepstakes Data|
|To provide the personalized Syncfusion Service.||Performance of a Contract Legitimate Interest Consent||User Data Usage Data Payment and Purchase Data Street Address Data Voice Data.|
The Company’s website and any product or service is intended for adults. The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If the Company obtains knowledge that it has personally identifiable information about a child under 16 in retrievable form in its files, the Company will delete that information from its existing files.
Protection of Personal Data
The Company adopts and implements technical and administrative security measures for the protection of your personal data, pursuant to strict policies and internal control standards concerning the managing, processing, and safeguarding of personal data. We encrypt your data both in transit and at rest.
Syncfusion has appropriate measures in place to help ensure that our users’ data is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that thieves could find a way to thwart our security systems.
Data Integrity and Security
Procedures for Access, Rectification, Cancellation, and Opposition Regarding Your Personal Data and for the Revocation of Consent
You will be entitled to exercise at any time your rights to access, rectify, and cancel your personal data and, where appropriate, to oppose the processing of such or revoke the consent granted to us for such purposes through the Company’s established procedures, unless such an action would be unlawful. To find out more about the procedures for access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition regarding your personal data, along with their requirements and terms, please contact email@example.com.
Sensitive Data Policy
It is our policy not to request any information that, pursuant to law, falls within the definition of sensitive data, such as the following: religion, sexual orientation, and political persuasion, among others, except when you deem it important to reveal such data for a legitimate interest.
The Company forbids any discrimination or the request of any data that may imply discrimination.
Retention of Personal Information
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Syncfusion service or product and for Syncfusion’s legitimate and essential business purposes, such as:
- maintaining the performance of the Syncfusion Service
- making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings
- complying with our legal obligations
- resolving disputes
If you close or request that we close your account, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, so it no longer identifies you, unless we’re required to keep something, or we still need to use it for a legally justifiable reason.
Here are some examples of situations where we’re legally allowed or required to keep some of your personal data:
- if there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit or unresolved claim or dispute
- for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations
- for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain security.
- The data is connected to a corporation that has a legitimate legal business interest.
Subject to Change
Manage the marketing communications you receive from us at any time by accessing and editing your preferences here.
Comments and Questions
Please send your comments and questions regarding this policy to the following address:
2501 Aerial Center Parkway
Morrisville, North Carolina 27560
ATTN: Legal Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A.1 For Individuals Based in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are based in one of these jurisdictions, Syncfusion is the controller of your personal data collected in the following instances:
- When you visit our website
- When we process your personal data for sales and marketing purposes
Syncfusion is a processor of all personal data processed on the application, on behalf of our clients. We only process the personal data under their direction. Please contact your employer or the organization that granted you access to the application for details on their privacy practices.
We only process personal data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. The lawful bases applicable to our processing as controller are:
- Consent:We will ask for your express and informed consent every time we collect your personal data on this legal basis.
- Contractual basis:We process the personal data as necessary to fulfill our contractual terms with you or our clients.
- Legitimate interest: We process the names, contact details, job titles, companies of our existing and prospective clients for our marketing purposes, including market research and sales leads generation.
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- Access your personal data
- Correct errors in your personal data
- Erase your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data.
- This right is also available to individuals whose personal data is processed by us for direct marketing purposes. If you object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, we shall stop processing within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- Export your personal data
- Restrict our processing of your personal data for specific reasons, including any of the purposes supported by the legitimate interest legal bases (see the section above).
We process personal data in the United States and share it with our service providers in other jurisdictions. We use standard contractual clauses as the data transfer mechanism of transferring EU data to countries subject to data transfer requirements. See the table of our service providers here.
You may contact us at email@example.com.
A.2 For Individuals Based in California
This section provides additional specific information for consumers based in California as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
A.2.1 Collection and Use of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as your name, mailing address, email address, zip code, telephone number or other similar identifiers
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as username and password, company name, job title, business email address and department
- Internet/network information, such as your browsing history, log and analytics data, information about the device(s) used to access the services and information regarding your interaction with our websites or services and other usage data
- Geolocation data, such as information about your location (at country and city level) collected from your IP address
- Sensory Information, the content, audio and video recordings of conference calls between you and us that we record where permitted by you and/or the law
- Profession/employment information that you send to us when applying for a position included in your CV and cover letter
- Other personal information, such as personal information you provide to us in relation to a survey, comment, question, request, article download or inquiry and any other information you upload to our application
We collect personal information directly from you, from your browser or device when you visit our websites, from third parties that you permit to share your information or from third parties that share public information about you, as stated above.
See the section above, “How We Use Personal Information,” to understand how we use the personal information collected from California consumers.
A.2.2 Recipients of Personal Information
We share personal information with third parties for business purposes. The categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may include: (i) our service providers and advisors, (ii) marketing and strategic partners; (iii) ad networks and advertising partners; (iv) analytics providers; and (v) social networks.
A.2.3 California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
- The right to know any or all of the following information relating to your personal information that we have
collected and disclosed
in the last 12 months (upon verification of your identity):
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources of the personal information
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions
- The right to opt-out of personal information sales to third parties now or in the future. However, we do not sell your personal information.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights.
Please note that if exercising these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
A.2.4 How to Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
To exercise your right to know and/or your right to deletion, please submit a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require sufficient information from you so that we can match it to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Sometimes we may need additional personal information from you to be able to identify you. We will notify you.
We may decline a request to exercise the right to know and/or right to deletion, particularly where we cannot verify your identity or locate your information in our systems or as permitted by law.
You may choose to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. No information will be disclosed until the authorized agent’s authority has been reviewed and verified. Once an authorized agent has submitted a request, we may require additional information (i.e., written authorization from you) to confirm the authorized agent’s authority.
If you are an employee/former employee of a Syncfusion client that uses our application and services, please direct your requests and/or questions directly to your employer/former employer.
If you are a third party (auditor, business associate, etc.), who was given access to the Syncfusion application by a Syncfusion client, please direct your requests and/or questions directly to the Syncfusion client that gave you access.
Minors Under Age 16
Our application and services are intended for business use, and we do not expect them to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of consumers below the age of 16. We do not sell the personal information of California consumers.